<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Friday, January 30, 2004

Brain Drain 

Atrios already blogged this, but it's bloody interesting, and well worth reading.

I can't say I have much real firsthand experience on the subject, but I do know that a large number of the people with whom I've worked in science have been of foreign origin. I do know that it's gotten much harder since 9/11 for people to get visas, especially people of the darker-skinned and Arab-looking (whatever those things mean) varieties. You can't discount the draws of better healthcare, schools and stuff like that other places (UK, Australia, Canada, f'rinstance) can offer that we can't.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?