<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Thursday, February 12, 2004

Stinky and Drink-y 

A new series of tests for alcohol consumption has been developed. These tests can say if you've been drinking in the last day, week, even a month.

The article touts how this can be used as evidence in drabs driving cases, post-facto, but I fail to see how. These sorts of tests may easily detect if you've had a drink within their sensitivity range but not necessarily when in that period. I was in a car accident once. It wasn't my fault, and I wasn't drunk. But I went home and had a drink to calm my nerves. By these tests, I'd have been "drunk driving."

Plus, it's kindof creepy, ever more insidious ways to monitor people. The necessary effect of technology, it's true, but as much as I like Asimov and Heinlein and Bradbury, I wish they weren't right so often about certain things.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?