<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Monday, March 15, 2004

Die Roboter, Continued 

I blogged earlier about the DARPA robotic vehicle race. As predicted, there was no winner. But I definitely didn't expect things to go this badly. Oh well.

Back to the drawing board, as they say.

In better robotics news, Toyota has developed a humanoid robot, which is to be sold as a personal assistant, particularly to elderly and disabled persons. "Asimo" can dance, recognize familiar faces (which is unbelievably cool and if anyone has access to a description of how this feat is accomplished, please send it to me), and answer simple questions.

This guy is, I assume, named after Asimov, the writer. I wonder if it follows his Three Laws??


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?