<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Saturday, March 06, 2004

DitzLogic 

I'm all for feminism. I have no problem (and in fact rather prefer) women to be equal to men, in whatever that means. However, stupid things done in the name of making them 'for women' piss me off.

Volvo has decided to make a 'womens' concept car, which has all sorts of ridiculous frilly things, like a palette of colored seat covers, "to match a woman's outfit," etc. And the hood doesn't open and the car tells you when it needs service, and calls you in an appointment by itself. The latter bit sounds kinda cool, but then I have my own mechanic, and don't want to have to go to the dealer (who always overcharges). Plus, what if you need a jumpstart?

Not a car for women, a car for ditzes.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?