<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Sunday, April 04, 2004

Die Roboter, Cont'd. 

I blogged earlier about technology and orchestras. As I said then, I'm all for technology, but artificial instruments are, well, always gonna be artificial and sound different ('better' is a matter of tastes).

The idea of a robot-conducted symphony is really intriguing. To be certain, it'll sound very different than anything that's ever been done before, and some compositions (e.g. Motzart) might mesh well with the kind of rigidity I'd expect from a robot conductor. I'm waiting to hear it, but I'm wary...Beethoven is so passionate I can hardly see how a robot could do justice.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?