<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Monday, May 24, 2004

Ellowen-Deeowen 

After Spain, I spent a couple days crashing with a friend in the City That Sleeps Too Much. Getting to her place from Heathrow was a breeze: the bus goes from right in front of the terminal to near her house! So, we went out for some fantastic Indian food, went pubbing, the next day had a Mass Transit Experience (in which the system got us where we wanted to go, just a few hours late), ate a full English Breakfast (my first...I'm duly impressed), and then went shopping and later more pubbing. I've now drunk both at the World's End and Halfway House (which I highly recommend: very cheap!!). Bought a vintage blazer because it was there.

Not the most traditionally 'cultural' visit, but a blast. Of course, the entire time I had images from The Satanic Verses running through my head. Which, along with associations to a certain other novel, made our trip to Knightsbridge rather interesting.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?