<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Ambulance Chasers 

I guess it's a sad statement that I'm not surprised. I know there are sleazeballs all over who prey on the suggestible minds of trauma victims.

I know that if you're an EMT and go a year without getting sued, you're very lucky.

I know that all the ranting about malpractice tort reform is just politics, that the problem is with malpractice insurance, more than with frivolous suits. Frivolous suits tend to be dismissed, and if there was incentive to cut down on them (which includes tougher laws on faux-plaintiffs, but also things like bits of HIPAA). It's the insurance costs that are forcing doctors out of business.

Nonetheless, this shit PISSES ME OFF.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?