<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Reason for Further Study 

I have always had language envy: I grew up with a bunch of diplo-brats and others who were multi-lingual, but my parents' house was always firmly monolingual. Later on, I was able to study languages, and have gotten to where my French is fairly good (or was, until I stopped practicing) and I speak enough Spanish to survive.

Today, science has provided me with an excuse to work harder in this area: being bilingual protects cognitive function from age-related decline! So that's a good enough reason for me to go live somewhere and learn to be fluent in something besides English!!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?