<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Thursday, September 23, 2004

Oh. Shit. 

I've just learned that the house I rent in was just forclosed and auctioned off this morning. I am in the process of finding out what recourse I have. I'm hoping I can just buy it. Does anyone know anything about the rules in DC?

UPDATE: Regarding comments so far. The trick is that the 'lease' is actually just a rental agreement and is probably only useful in establishing squatters' rights. I wasn't at the auction, because no one told us it was taking place (about which I'm more than a bit annoyed). I'm planning on calling around, etc., but of course this happens just as I get mad busy at work AND this weekend is Yom Kippur (hm, maybe this is Jarma (Jewish Karma) for something).



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?