<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Thursday, September 02, 2004

Tea and Pretention 

Tea is almost certainly my favorite non-alcoholic beverage. I like almost all kinds, depending on my mood, although I have to be really desperate before I go anywhere near that Liptons muck. I keep a hefty stash at my office. Green with Jasmine, Darjeeling, Earl Grey to have with cream and a bit of sugar, Roselle (black tea with hibiscus...it's really fantastic, especially iced!).

Today someone else left a box in the kitchen of something I had to try: Mango + Orange Ceylon. The packaging is what really strikes me. It is delightfully pretentious!
"Sure you love tea," it croons, "but have you ever fallen deeply in love...for* one tea...get ready for this heart-wrenchingly delicious blend..."

Now, I will say, great tea can be amazing. But ferfuckssake, enough already...it's good, but I'm not going to, you know, *experiment* with it!

*also, is this Engrish? You fall in love, not for it!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?