<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Thursday, October 14, 2004

Leave it To the Church 

To condemn anything. After millennia of bashing sex as the greatest evil, church groups have a new foe: "asexuals," that is, people who naturally have no interest in sex. A minor bit in the story, but one that really struck me: how f**ked up is that?!?!?!

But yes, the asexuals are coming out. I won't say it. I swear I won't. You all know what a biology type like me must be thinking. I'm gonna restrain myself.

Ok, I restrained myself. I never said I'd do it for long. How ridiculous a label is that?! They are not asexual, unless they actually have no, err, naughty bits. They may be uninterested in sex, but that doesn't mean they haven't one. I think "Platonics" would be a much better name. It has nothing to do with gender, and it excludes the act of sex.

The media, of course, is eating it up.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?