<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Monday, November 08, 2004

Music of the Mind 

Last night I went to Taint, which was a blast (though as usual I had to run out early to get up for work...grrrr). And this morning I rediscovered a CD of Brahms' Symphonies 3 and 4, two of my favorites, and listening to it makes Monday morning not so bad.

Music is wonderful. I could go on, but we all know all that. Why is it so universal? How does the same music have such profound and similar effects on so many different people? This article gives some insight, reviewing what is known about how music happens in the brain. For all you non-neuroscience types, don't worry, it's clearly written and well explained. Enjoy!!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?