<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Friday, November 19, 2004

We Are *So* Screwed. 

Actually, replace screwed with something similar starting with f. Dubya has suggested that he wants to eliminate the business tax deduction for employer-sponsored health insurance.
(via Graham, and Elizabeth, who doesn't have a blog I know of)

This would be a total disaster. Read what Ross has to say, because he's spot-on. If this happens, I really will consider moving to Canada. Especially because it could easily predicate a major crash of the US economy.

When this news broke yesterday, one of my co-workers came in and told us about it and we had to take a chunk of our already-overbooked time to freak out about it. I can't even form a truly rational stream of thought on this topic: it is so stupid and evil it just boggles my (grotesquely cynical and jaded) mind. I could spout statistics, but that's been done and I'm not in the mood right now.

And to all you "gay Republicans" out there: this is what you get. You won't have to worry that you're not allowed to visit your partner in the hospital, because it will be closed and/or you won't be able to afford it anyway. I'd love to just say that, a pox on both your houses and all, but that's the whole problem with living in a democratic(ish) society: you're getting what you deserve, but I'm getting it too. So kindly drop dead.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?