<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Shakespeare, Shmakeshmere 

I've never been able to really get into Shakespeare. I mean, I've been to lots of performances, and they're usually fun (especially the Shakespeare in the Park bit that happens in DC), but I'm rarely really moved by the plays. It may be that everything he did has become so ingrained in our culture that it just doesn't seem that interesting, I don't know.

Regardless of whether or not I lack any sense of history or art or whatever, there are some Shakespeare plays I fully dislike. "Pericles" has always been one. Via Making Light comes an amusing monstrosity: Pericles, Prince of Tired Plots.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?