<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Friday, March 25, 2005

International 

I was in Hour Eyes today, getting my glasses prescription renewed for the first time in about five years. Something tells me 18 hours on an airplane isn't a good time to wear contacts. Anyways, they had a sign up, urging customers to buy the extra-special anti-glare lenses (they cost extra), with the following statement:
In most European countries, you have to have anti-glare lenses to get a drivers license. For instance, in Japan, 28% of eyeglass wearers use anti-glare lenses.
This lead me to two conclusions: first, the people in charge of marketing for Hour Eyes failed 1st grade geography; and second, I now know I have at least one thing in common with 72% of the Japanese population, which is that I did not buy anti-glare lenses.

I suppose it's good to know I have something in common with them, besides an appreciation of raw fish on top of rice, since I am about to spend the next two weeks living among them. I'm going on vacation. No science for two weeks. None!!! Au revoir.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?