<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Monday, April 11, 2005

For Your Own Good... 

...Big Brother is Watching. As if red-light cameras and IP logging weren't scary enough, now a Japanese company has come out with an electric kettle which not only boils water, but monitors its owner. Ostensibly a Good Thing, to help monitor elderly living alone, this concept really bothers me. It's a short step to putting a video camera on the thing, and then on more gadgets bought by wider populations. I don't think I want my appliances tattling on me when I don't drink my tea.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?