<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Sunday, April 03, 2005

Travelogue 

Well, I forgot to bring my camera's transfer cable, so the photos I want to post will have to wait. I've never been anywhere before where I have absolutely no entree into the language...all my previous travels have been places with either Romance or Germanic languages, so at worst (Germanic) I could at least get by. Here, however, is another story.

The language part of my brain is totally in gear though, and I really do love the challenge. I'm slowly picking up bits and pieces -not really any full sentences, but phrases and key words. I would love to really get to spend time here to learn it.

The food is great. It's not as universally healthy as I'd expected from Japanese restaurants in the states, especially in Kyushu (where I was until yesterday), where one of the specialties is "chicken nanban" (barbarian style chicken): it's essentially fried chicken covered in mayonnaise. Yum!

I guess I don't have much more to say since I was really planning to photoblog this trip. Also I don't want to spend much time on the internet, since I can (and do) do that at home!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?