<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Thursday, May 05, 2005

Concentration Without Jitters! 

The jitters, long a plague of the sleep-deprived and ADHD classes, who need caffeine or Ritalin or Concerta or whatever to stay alert and focused, may soon be a thing of the past. CX717, a novel member of the ampakine (AMPA agonist) family, seems to act quickly to increase alertness and focus with few side effects. Sounds good to me!!

Comments:
Concerta.

I am 60 years old. I have been taking concerta for three days now. So far it is wonderful. I was previously on ritalin for 2 months, and felt like I was on rollercoaster. I would go from jittery to severly depressed and crying. After changing to concerta three days ago, I feel like myself again, only with much more energy focus and concentration. I am sure hoping this will continue. I am on 36mg.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
mild headache, dry mouth, some affect on sleep

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Irene Pak
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?