<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Faster Drying 

My apartment has its own washer/dryer. It's right there in my kitchen, and I don't think I could ever go back to using shared facilities, or (gasp!) laundromats. I like throwing a load in the washer as I leave for the gym in the morning and tossing it in the dryer as I head to work, and coming home to nice clean dry clothes. Sadly, my dryer is crap, and about half the time I come home to still-slightly-damp clothes in the dryer.

Soon, however, science may have an answer! University of Florida researchers have found a mixture of detergents and fabric softeners that forces clothes to dry out more in the washer. This result, if it turns out to really work and be not-too-toxic and hard on clothes, would not only make my life easier, it would save us all on our electric bills by shortening drying times overall. Woo-hoo!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?