<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Lying Might Help 


A new study (which I would like to read in full, since I don't really believe it) suggests that giving people false memories of having had bad reactions to fattening foods makes them avoid those foods. Aside from the completely frightening ethical issues involved, I really am not sure how this could be an effective real-life treatment.

I mean, the first time you go out to dinner with your mom and say "Eww, I hate strawberry ice cream - it made me sick," she'll correct you and it's all over. I would have no problem, however, of making people feel ill every time they watched Fox news.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?