<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving 

I have a shockingly persistent case of strep, and am spending Thanksgiving drugged up and hungry, instead of pigging out with my family.

I figure I especially need to remind myself there's plenty good in the world.
This is also stolen from Chrisafer.

I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for the rest of my family.
I am thankful for friends who put up with me, call me on my bullshit, and make me go dancing.
I am thankful for the nights spent laughing.
I am thankful to be able to laugh.
I am thankful to be able to cry.
I am thankful for the darkness, and sometimes, the light.
I am thankful for moments of calm before and after a storm.
I am thankful for the storm.
I am thankful for the process of learning to just be me.
I am thankful for the internet, in all its (often dubious) splendor.
I am thankful for music -
to make me laugh, to make me cry, to make me dance, to take my mind off things, and to make me singscreech along.
I am thankful for my job.
I am thankful for the opportunity to leave my job.
I am thankful for my puppy.
I am thankful for my shiney new camera.
I am thankful for people who write comments on my blog.
I am thankful for chocolate.
I am thankful for comfy clothes.
I am thankful for gorgeous, uncomfortable shoes.
I am thankful for leather goods, in general.
I am thankful for the smell of falling leaves.
I am thankful for the comforting glow of too many LEDs from my desk.
I am thankful for ear-shatteringly loud alarm clocks.
I am thankful f
or the wisdom to know what I can do, and the strength not to do it.
I am thankful for waking up after every time I go to sleep (even if too quickly).

That was more therapeutic than I'd expected. Or hoped. Hm.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?