<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Death to Management 

It has taken literally all of the strength that I posses to prevent myself from sending this to my boss.

The study's methods sound somewhat dubious, but the result is not only obvious to anyone who is not a (micro)manager, and also not entirely novel to the literature, so I'll take it: meetings are really bad for productivity and job satisfaction. Yup, I get less than nothing done on days full of meetings, which my employers unwaveringly describe as having been "very productive." What, precisely, got produced remains a mystery.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?