<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Thursday, January 26, 2006

Symbolism 

An episode darkly emblematic of my existence:

I arrived home from work tonight at about 11:30 (I left at 7:45) to find my mailbox stuffed full of mail (a normal day brings but a credit card ad or two). Excitement! Could it be? Good news from grad school? A present? No. A Pepco bill, a Comcast bill, and three offers to extend my credit line. Le sigh.

As I carry my disappointing haul down to my door, in my entryway I see something even more promising: a white box! I didn't order anything...an unexpected present? Denied again: an empty JumboSlice box.

Is this a pathetic end to my day, or am I just over stressed?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?