<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Friday, February 17, 2006

The Value of a Dollar 

Kids today have no idea how to handle their money. I admit to having been irresponsible, self-indulgent, and frivolous with my allowance as a kid, but I never, ever, wasted it.

I also had very good attendance records at school, but when I didn't want to go to class, I didn't go to class. And if I needed an excuse, I was good enough at bullshit and forging my mom's signature to get one.

A bunch of kids in Florida, it seems, are too lazy to do any of this, and have been bribing their gym teacher to get out of class. I suppose it would have worked better if the gym teacher hadn't been a moron too (or dishonest) and forgotten not to mention the absences to the kids' parents.

The result: Florida kids are poorer, fatter, and still not any smarter.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?