<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Saturday, July 22, 2006

Prague 

The rest of the time in Budapest was lovely, lots of cool stuff to see, and I went clubbing one night. Great music, big crowd, ridiculously cheap drinks. I wish I had any idea where I was, but really I was just out wandering and saw a place that sounded fun and went in.

So now we're in Prague, at this totally fantastic hotel (hotel Josef). Coming in yesterday I was reminded of some of the things that struck me last time I was here - the city is just so full of amazing juxtapositions. Old, old, old buildings right next to and often added on to by modern ones, which are often of the totally heinous Soviet concrete box variety, with gorgeous art-nouveau and classical and gothic facades on the other side. It works, somehow.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?