<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Thursday, November 30, 2006

Death of An Idol 

It's been a bad month. First Ruth Brown dies, and now something atrocious has happened to one of my favorite 80s punk-pop-bad-boy pinups. 'Selling out' isn't at issue here, it's something much more sinister. I suspect senility.

Billy Idol (yes, that Billy Idol) has released a Christmas album. Even if I didn't have a total categorical hatred of Christmas music, the lack of irony here makes me ill. He's also gotten a face full of Botox, from the looks of him. There is no way that he can still be attractive looking like that and shilling such pap.

In my best TV-movie comic-relief fag voice: Billy, you're dead to me!

So sad.

Labels: , , , ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?