<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Thursday, April 19, 2007

Malfunctions 

Has anyone else noticed that half of the internet is down this afternoon? I can't get to Yahoo, Flickr, Myspace, Facebook, or even Wonkette, thus cutting off much of my ability to procrastinate. Or email people to scheme entertainment options. WTF? It's been like this a few hours, I would've thought something might have popped up on Slashdot by now. Hmph.

Also, I'm going to Chicago this weekend for a very good friend's wedding. The first in a flurry of the damn things this year. "Damn things" only because how is it possible that nearly all of my high school friends are getting married? Scary. The point is that when I reserved my hotel via Orbitz, and they also sold me a shuttle service to and from the airport, at a pretty good price.

The thing is, that when I called the service today to confirm, they told me that they don't serve the South side of Chicago. So I had to spend half an hour on the phone explaining this to Orbitz to get it refunded ("Brian" was very friendly and helpful, even if he had a thick accent and was clearly on a very crappy cell phone). So yeah - caveat emptor, etc.

Labels: , , , , ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?