<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Monday, February 04, 2008

New Best Friend 

I am notoriously (a) addicted to coffee, and (b) not very good at waking up in the morning. The two are, though I have not tested this in a strictly scientific sense, probably related.

In support of trait (a), I have, in my kitchen: an espresso bubbler, a drip coffee maker, an over-mug drip filter holder, an over-cup coffee press (like they use in Vietnamese restaurants), and a French Press. and various kinds of instant coffee for really rough days.

In support of trait (b) above, I have two separate and very annoying alarm clocks, set to go off at enough of a delay from one another to eliminate my snooze-button issues. I also have my bed pointed uncomfortably at a window so that maximum sunlight gets in my eyes.

This weekend I made a purchase that has already (after one day!) changed my life, in addition to adding yet another device in my possession to supporting (a) and (b). I bought a coffee maker with an automatic timer. It's an alarm clock that, instead of beeping at me, creates the wonderful aroma of coffee and, by the time my other clocks start beeping, fresh hot ultra-caffeinated manna.

One of these days I'll figure out how to rig it to add cream and sugar and breakfast automatically too.

Labels: , , , ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?