<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Monday, June 13, 2005

But Is It Tasty? 

My weekend ended with M.I.A., but it began with catfish. I was at Kramer's with some (non-blogging) friends, and we ordered a "Sharezies" platter with the fried catfish fingers as one selection. Now, these are damn good, as Kramers knows how to use spices, and the buttery fish was cooked just right under its spicy fried shell. So, after one half-order split between the two of us, my friend proceeded to order a full plate of them for himself. Our other companion, a vegetarian, declined (her loss!), and I was full, so she and I had more drinks.

He had another order of catfish fingers. We had more drinks.

He had another order of catfish fingers (I had one). We had more drinks.

He had another order of catfish fingers (I had a small one). We had more drinks.

We went home, happy drunk and (in one case) full of catfish.

Funny that my week also (sortof) begins with catfish: UT-Austin researchers have discovered a catfish of a whole new family, Lacantuniidae Lacantunia enigmatica. We may never learn the answer to the important question above, because there are not very many of them left.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?