<$BlogRSDURL$>

"It is true, and thus the question of whether it is sad or happy has no meaning whatever."
Bernhard Schlink



Science is best when discussed: leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments!!



Monday, October 10, 2005

Fatty McSleepless 

All behavioral evidence to the contrary, I'm pretty sure everyone knows that sleep deprivation is bad for you. Evidence continues to pile up, linking sleeplessness to conditions as diverse as diabetes, cancer and even ADHD. Even if the new ampakine drugs are effective in reducing the cognitive deficits associated with sleep deprivation, it's highly unlikely they or anything else will be able to replace the physical restorative benefits of sleep.

Tangentially, while I often wish I could sleep less to get more done, I don't think I'd really want to live in a truly 24-hour waking world. I mean, I can barely stand most people 16-18 hours a day!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?